In this document you will get a step-by-step guide on how to set up and facilitate this process.
What is a participatory needs analysis?
A participatory needs analysis is a process where you give space to your stakeholders to tell you their needs about your project. It is based on a workshop approach and designed to engage your participants and enhance your project.
Why do it?
• To ensure that you have listened to all your stakeholders – not just the loudest ones
• To uncover hidden (but important) needs that you might have missed
• To provide space for your stakeholders to explore their own needs and reflect on them
• To get engagement from your stakeholders early in the process and to manage their
• To save time by getting a lot of input in a short time and avoiding time-intensive individual
meetings or long group discussions